Confession time: my sister and mother were both right. For more than five months I've been trying to work out why my boy is such a spewer. I've tried cutting out coffee, milk, other dairy, soy, almost all the usual suspects that can cause indigestion and upchucking. His wonderful Doc told me it's because he guzzles - and it's true, he seems to eat a lot very fast, so his little tummy does need to let go of some of it, and he has been slowing down on the fast feeding lately.
But then I cut out kale (known to be quite hard on an immature digestive system - or so I didn't hear my family saying) and almost instantly it has stopped - well, the occasional one slips through, but mostly over Rachel, so I don't mind.
Coincidence? He is coming up to six months, when they say baby spewing normally slows down.
Or, more likely, I should have listened to my mum and sister when, two weeks after he was born, they both suggested cutting out my morning serving of juiced kale.
"No, it's good for him to get used to a range of flavours," I said stubbornly.
Turns out, there's getting used to a range of flavours, and then there's child abuse. Ah well, he needs to get used to the "life's not fair" mantra we grew up with sometime, why not at birth?
And because it's so fucking boring admitting Rachel is right ("I'm gonna wring this out for weeks") this is all you get. You were right. I was wrong. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


And you know that I AM enjoying it!
ReplyDeletewell you know we never say 'I told you so' in our family
ReplyDelete