



As so well-described on my sister's awesome blog, HRH Mumner had her 50th birthday celebrations over the weekend - much to her surprise. Everyone was there (except Tiny Head, she went to a special windowless room in St Lukes) - all the sisters bar Meilsy, the two grandkids and neicephew-to-be, Megapappy, James, Mez (who organised everything, such an amazing friend to us all these years), Rics and a whole lotta love and madness.
We surprised her with a baby on the doorstep on her actual birthday day, which cause the first leak of the weekend, then on the Friday Mez, Rics and Ruthie surprised her and made her cry some more.
Then when we gave her a photo album with lots of pics from the last 50 years, she really let loose.
And the lovely Wendy made us all a feast to boot!
On Saturday we all got dramatic on it at mum's going away/birthday party with mum's Napier friends. There was secret pizza, some swearing at one of the locals by a pregnant hungry sister, Spanish and French obscenities traded between two tweenagers and, incredibly, no kicking out of guests by the kids after the parents had gone to bed already...
All in all we managed to surprise mum and make her cry at least a dozen times. Success.
And best of all, lots of time with the family - Ro was loving hanging out with his amazing sharp-as-a-tack cousin.
Also a lovely way to say goodbye to Napier, a place I love. Purple Patch, I will be back.

Oh Purple Patch... I miss those mad old biddies already. Great weekend summary too! xxx
ReplyDeletegod knows how I managed to raise such amazing, kind, loving, successful, thoughtful, sensitive, beautiful, amazing daughters who all partnered themselves with incredible men or how I managed to maintain such a meaningful and profound friendship all these years with the incredible Mez. And then there is Tom - the cherry on my cake. ahhhh
ReplyDelete